dotDefender 4.2 installation steps on IIS6 + video
Posted by Yarden Loumer, Last modified by Yarden Loumer on 28 November 2011 07:15 PM
Installing dotDefender for IIS6
Please find below the video of installation:
Note: The IIS Web server will be automatically restarted during the installation process.
1. Select from Applicure website's downloads page the version you plan to install.
You will be prompted to Save or Run the dotDefender installation. Click Save.
The file will begin downloading.
Note: Manually stop the IIS service before launching the installer.
(In the command prompt type: "iisreset /stop").
2. Double-click the .exe file.
3. The InstallShield Wizard begins and the Welcome window appears.
Click Next to continue.
4. A message appears warning you that the IIS Web server will be automatically restarted during the installation. Click Yes to continue.
5. Requirements screen - the “Help” button will supply additional information if the server does not meet the requirements (Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 will be installed automatically).
*** If the server is missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, it will be installed automatically after clicking “Yes” on the next window. ***
Click Yes to continue.
7. The License Agreement window appears.
Read the license and select "I accept the terms of the license agreement". Click Next.
8. The Destination Location window appears.
Use the default Destination Location or click Change to browse and select the directory in which you want to install the dotDefender files.
9. The Installation window appears.
Click Install to begin the installation.
The installation should take no more than a few minutes.
10. The Rule-Updates window appears.
Select either Automatic Update or Manual Update, and then Next.
11. The Rule-Updates window appears.
Select to download the rules from either Applicure's website or a custom location.
12. The Rule-Updates window appears.
For automatic update, select the frequency of the updates and then Next.
When the installation has completed, click Finish.
Note: Your websites are not protected until you activate a valid license!
Note: We recommend manually restarting the IIS service after the installation has finished.
(In the command prompt type: "iisreset").
Once installation has finished and dotDefender is installed on your machine,
a license must be applied to enable blocking and protection.
For licensing your dotDefender, please contact your Applicure account representative or the Support Team.